Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 4 - Sonoma

Had a nice continental breakfast at the hotel this morning, then headed south from Healdsburg to Sonoma. We apparently are not well versed in California Directional Signage. Tried to follow the signs to Sonoma, and ended up going in a big circle around Santa Rosa! Finally gave in and turned on the GPS. Even then, we had a few challenges – but finally arrived at our destination. Took back roads most of the way here and saw some fantastic scenery.

We’re staying at the Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn. It’s a lovely place, and walking distance to everything in town. We had lunch at A Taste of The Himalayas. (That's me in the pool.)

Tried a couple of new wines. When we were on our group tour, I found it interesting how people’s tastes differ. So just because I like something, I don’t expect anyone else to necessarily like it.

The one we liked: 2005 SIMI Merlot
The one we hated: Harthill Farms Merlot. Should have known better… there wasn’t even a vintage listed on the bottle.

I think on Wednesday we might head to the Cline and Jacuzzi vineyards. We’re also planning lunch at The Girl and the Fig. It comes highly recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home